- Aggravated DUI (Felony)
- DUI (Impaired to the Slightest Degree)
- DUI, Extreme DUI, Super Extreme DUI & DUI Drugs
Arizona’s New DUI Laws (Updated for July 1, 2012)
If you are charged with an Arizona DUI offense after July 1, 2012, new laws will apply to your case. The new DUI laws make significant changes to the old DUI laws in Arizona, including:
- Continuous alcohol monitoring program (instead of actual jail);
- Home detention & electronic monitoring (instead of actual jail);
- Prisoner work program (instead of actual jail);
- Community restitution program (instead of actual jail);
- Less driving privilege suspension time in favor of ignition interlock devices;
- Less jail time (see links to specific Arizona DUI offenses above for more information);
- Arizona MVD will now allow an online Request for Hearing if your drivers license is suspended pursuant to Admin Per Se / Implied Consent laws;
- More jail time suspended upon successful completion of an alcohol screening and assessment (see links above);
- Jury trial rights are reinstated for all DUI cases.
To learn more about Arizona’s new DUI laws, click on the links at the top for the specific type of DUI case you wish to learn about.
Experienced DUI Defense Services
The Griffen & Stevens Law Firm, PLLC aggressively defends against DUI charges. Utilizing litigation and DUI jury trial experience, Bruce S. Griffen and Ryan J. Stevens challenge the State’s case in every way possible under the law. Often, Mr. Griffen and Mr. Stevens obtain favorable outcomes without putting you through the stress of a lengthy public trial. If your case does proceed to trial, the Griffen & Stevens Law Firm, PLLC has the experience, knowledge, and skills to give you your best shot at winning.
DUI convictions in Arizona can ruin your life: lengthy jail time, excessive fines and fees, costly treatment programs, loss of employment and job opportunities, destruction of personal and professional relationships, and public embarrassment.
DUI defense attorneys Bruce S. Griffen and Ryan J. Stevens aggressively defend against DUI charges, ranging from DUI Slightest to “Super Extreme DUI” (0.20% or More) to Aggravated DUI. They fight to minimize jail terms, lower costs, and get DUI cases dismissed. And the Griffen & Stevens Law Firm, PLLC treats every one of his clients with the dignity, respect, and professionalism that they deserve.
DUI Legal Defenses Utilized by the Griffen & Stevens Law Firm, PLLC
Here are some of the many defenses Mr. Griffen and Mr. Stevens aggressively argue in DUI cases:
- No corpus delicti (failure to prove driving or actual physical control of a vehicle)
- Illegal and unconstitutional traffic stop (no reasonable suspicion)
- Insufficient evidence for arrest (no probable cause)
- Failure to properly administer Field Sobriety Tests (FST’s)
- Miranda violations (right to remain silent and right to legal counsel)
- Failure to adequately advise of Admin Per Se / Implied Consent
- Inaccurate testing of breath or blood (defective devices and procedures)
- Illegal blood draw
- Defective retrograde analysis
- Denial of right to do an independent test
DUI laws are constantly evolving in Arizona. Griffen and Stevens are skilled legal researchers who continuously study and analyze DUI laws, including recent legislation relating to jail time, home detention, license suspensions, and ignition interlock devices.
Using cutting edge laws and legal theories, along with his refined trial skills, the Griffen & Stevens Law Firm, PLLC will assert the best defenses and strategies in your Arizona DUI case. Contact us now to get started with a free case evaluation.
Use the free contact form on the right side of this page, or call the number at the top of the screen.