Arizona Traffic Crimes
Updated for Arizona law in 2016.
Traffic crimes, including excessive speeding, reckless driving, etc., are common in the Flagstaff Justice Court, Williams Justice Court, Seligman Justice Court, and many more of the region’s courts.
One of the most common criminal traffic charges in all of Arizona is “excessive speeding,” a class 3 misdemeanor. We often refer to this offense as “criminal speeding” because, unlike many other states, Arizona defines speeding as a crime if the speed is more than 85 mph, or more than 20 mph over the posted speed limit.
We offer free consultations on criminal traffic charges for Arizona drivers and for out-of-state drivers. The benefits of our representation can include:
- We can go to Court on your behalf, saving our clients travel expenses and numerous trips for Court appearances;
- We negotiate with the prosecutors and understand their guidelines;
- We can interview the investigating officer (stop cop) to determine whether the investigation, radar (if any), and other issues were handled correctly;
- We pursue all legal angles to secure a non-criminal resolution; and
- In some cases, we can petition the Court directly for defensive driving school.
DUI and Endangerment Offenses:
The Griffen & Stevens Law Firm, PLLC aggressively defends against DUI charges. Click here for further information on our DUI defense practice.
Felony Traffic Crimes:
We aggressively defend serious felony traffic offenses like manslaughter, aggravated assault, Aggravated DUI, and all other felony offenses. Click here for further information on our felony defense practice.